Universal Music Group recognised in SAP Quality Awards for its BPC implementation
London, 03 December, 2014: Bluefin Solutions is pleased to share the announcement that Universal Music Group was selected by SAP as the Silver Winner of the SAP UKI Quality Awards in the Rapid Delivery category.
The SAP Quality Awards celebrate customers who have excelled in the planning and execution of their SAP software implementations and “made the extraordinary look ordinary”. Universal Music Group was recognised in these prestigious awards for its SAP BPC implementation, in association with Bluefin Solutions, Universal Music Group’s partner on the project.
“All the award winners deserve significant recognition for their efforts with successful implementations. Coming from a customer background, I know how critical clearly defined quality measures are to ensuring a successful implementation. Adherence to our Quality Principles while demonstrating real business benefit is at the heart of this programme so what these customers have achieved is truly impressive,” said Cormac Watters, MD SAP UK & Ireland.
Business drivers for the implementation
The prolific use of offline Microsoft Excel models hindered flexible reporting at an Artist and Project release level, whilst reducing the reliability and accuracy of data due to risk of hyperlinks and formula link consistencies. Consequentially, availability of reliable reporting at a group level required increased support effort to check and resolve these issues.
Additionally, the global Planning and Forecasting process varied by country, which resulted in a process that was difficult for central Finance teams to manage during monthly forecasting.
The benefits of the Financial Planning and Analysis in SAP BPC project included:
- Better global reporting, including a more transparent view of bottom-up financial projections
- Increased accuracy of financial plans, due to the reduction of manual processes through automation and process review
- Improved process efficiencies, through deployment of common and approved planning methods globally
Reduced pressure on support teams, as a single global planning process can be more easily supported.
Key success factors
Factors that contributed towards the successful rapid deployment of SAP BPC at Universal Music Group included:
- Use of Bluefin Solutions’ SAP BPC accelerators, including a unique flexible calculation engine which allows the business logic and calculations to be maintained by the business and then dynamically used by the BPC solution. This dramatically reduced development time
- Close collaboration between Bluefin’s SAP EPM consultants and UMG’s Finance and IT teams. This helped to identify and remedy potential delays well in advance of them impacting the project’s time scales.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. UMG’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of record labels and its roster is comprised of artists covering the full spectrum of music around the world, making UMG the leader in both international and local repertoire
About Bluefin Solutions
Bluefin Solutions is a global independent consultancy and SAP partner inspiring enterprises to prosper in the digital world.
Bluefin delivers business consulting, technology strategy, implementation and change through award-winning expertise in SAP, analytics, digital, mobile, web, cloud and SAP HANA. We work with organisations to challenge traditional thinking and bring new ideas to life. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, we have offices in Malaysia, Singapore and the United States.