Mobile technology has the potential to play a key part in meeting an organisation's strategic aims
A maturing of mobile technology and the fast pace of innovation has opened people's eyes to new communication possibilities. Faced with increased customer expectations, demand from users and the expectation of greater efficiencies from shareholders, means most organisations are looking to exploit the benefits of mobility.
The already widespread use of Smartphone's, combined with widely available mobile broadband networks and easily downloadable mobile consumer applications has also created an expectation of 'anytime, anywhere' access to information.
The mobile environment creates numerous opportunities for organisations to:
- Reach new customer groups and improve customer loyalty with innovative mobile solutions.
- Drive down operational costs by mobilising critical processes.
- Improve decision quality and speed by enabling mobile access your data stores.
The company-wide adoption of mobile technologies also brings about challenges. Some scenarios require offline capabilities and access to data. And systems might need extra security protection along with new devices and user needs to support. Furthermore, the mobile application and device market is moving rapidly and remains fragmented.
How Bluefin Solutions can help
- 01Enterprise strategy and roadmap
- 02Packaged mobile solutions
- 03Bespoke mobile solutions
- 04Improve sales force productivity with mobile sales
Packaged mobile solution offerings are available from SAP and partners to address many standard mobile scenarios so that they can be implemented rapidly and cost effective.
These solutions include:
- Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Sybase Mobile Workflow for SAP Business Suite.
- Syclo SMART Work Manager for SAP Systems.
- Syclo SMART Service Manager for SAP Systems.
- Syclo SMART Inventory Manager for SAP Systems.
- Syclo Rounds for SAP Systems.
Please contact us for other standard scenarios.
With the widespread adoption of mobile applications, the selection of the underlying Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) is important. This avoids the cost and effort involved in using a range of standalone mobile solutions on different technology platforms.
For custom-developed mobile applications, the mobile platform manages much of the inherent complexities of developing reliable and flexible applications for a range of device types, even with limited network connectivity.
These platforms include:
- SAP Gateway (coming soon).
- Sybase Unwired Platform.
- Syclo Agentry.