Bluefin delivers SAP CRM 7.0 SFA & Sales Order Planning project for Hi-Tech Engineering customer
09 Feb 2012
Bluefin Solutions has successfully implemented an SAP CRM 7.0 SFA project for an international Hi-Tech engineering company.
The project included Sales Order Forecast, taking order forecast information from SAP CRM to create an accurate 'unconstrained' forecast. This has extended the customers SAP foot print, aligning with its strategy to consolidate business critical information within its SAP landscape.
Key project drivers included the need to...
- Replace the existing Salesforce.com system
- Improve user adoption of SAP CRM across the global sales organisation
- Increase efficiency by reducing manual effort to produce order forecast
- Reduce TCO
- Provide a future proof solution that provides significant additional value to the business.
SAP CRM 7 was implemented, using the Sales and Marketing components to provide:
- Single integrated system for opportunities management (which uses the same data as the ERP system), quoting, price lists, sales and operations forecasting
- Ability to maintain data integrity when translating opportunities management and forecasting into sales and operations forecasting, with all data using the same definitions for companies, products, sales people, regions, etc.
- Integration of sales data and on-going contract data with the order forecasts coming out of CRM
- Budget forecasts maintainable on a rolling 12 months basis so simplifying the annual budget process.
Business benefits include...
- Increase in user adoption - all sales staff to use SAP CRM to record their sales activities across global territories
- Projected reduction of 90% in the time and effort required to produce the monthly Order Forecast
- TCO of the SAP CRM system is projected to show a reduction of 40% against the previous running costs
- Forecast accuracy is anticipated to increase by 98%.
The CRM system is being extended to include the Service functionality, which will support the handling of customer complaints, comments and compliments. This will provide Sales, Marketing and Service with visibility of interactions.