Global Telecommunications client goes live with SAP Spend Performance Management (SPM)
19 Dec 2011
Bluefin Solutions has successfully completed the first 2 phases of an SAP Spend Performance Management implementation for a global leader in the telecommunications business.
Project drivers included...
- Major global SAP program to use SAP BW as the foundation for their reporting solution
- To reduce TCO by consolidating various Operating Companies Procurement Reporting solutions
- To improve accuracy of data/information and business decision making by ensuring 'a single version of the truth'
- Realised savings of approximately a quarter of a million pounds within the first month
- Greater visibility of forward demand to enable bulk purchasing at more advantageous pricing
- Reduction in the cost of resource and level of manual effort through the consolidation of data to one central location. Resources are re-deployed more effectively.
- Leverage the investment in SAP to decommission the high cost of legacy systems
- Streamlining and improving internal business processes and capabilities
- Increased quality of business intelligence through removal of risky manual transformations and handling of data
- Reduced lead time to deliver meaningful insights to the business, to enable it to make critical decisions, i.e. Procurement has the transparency and visibility needed to effectively enable accountability across their Operating Companies
Customer feedback has been extremely positive with users commenting...
- "Is this really on the existing BW solution? But it's so fast"
- "This is the best tool coming from the programme"
- "I was very impressed of the functionality, quick response time and easy-to-use user friendliness of the new tool"