Corporate Strategy is now, more than ever, being closely scrutinised by the City and potential investors. If there is little confidence in a company's ability to deliver against its strategy, it could have a significant negative impact on share price. It is, therefore, vital that corporate strategy is reflected through operational objectives and plans within the organisation. Equally important is the ability to track performance against this strategy.
Increasingly, corporate social responsibility (CSR) is playing a major part in consumer business corporate strategy. The environmental legislation that shapes the CSR agenda should be seen as an opportunity to enhance, rather than a restriction to, the operations of the business. For example, reducing water and energy usage will both comply with government regulations and, if done effectively, will also reduce business costs.
Understand what the real issues are within your business and where to prioritise resources
- Understand and influence key business drivers and how they are linked to outcomes such as revenue and profit growth
- Ensure different reporting systems are aligned around the same set of objectives and measures
- Align corporate strategy with operational execution.
Align your different business functions to a common view of a shared future through integrated business planning
- Improve long term strategic planning through a consensus view from the business
- Tie in operational plans to corporate strategy by improving the cascade of plans through the organisation
- Ensure clear accountability of strategic objectives and initiatives
- Continually measure and improve actual performance against plan
Be a good corporate citizen
- Improve your corporate brand equity by monitoring and improving your environmental track record
- Improve the cost and increase the efficiency of managing your fleet
- Ensure you suppliers comply with your supply chain policy through a supplier audit process
Make better informed decisions with improved quality data
- Improve data quality and reduce the volume of manual 'corrections' by streamlining the closing process
- Make better informed decisions with more detailed and up-to-date reporting which shows a more accurate view of true profitability by key metrics
- Improve accuracy and reduce the overhead to produce disclosure reporting by automating the disclosure process and having disclosure template packs that share common data.
Bluefin Solutions can
- Help you implement an integrated business planning process
- Help you gain clarity on your underlying business issues
- Understand what the right KPIs are for your business and how to measure them
- Work with you as a team using our unique "collaboration, visualisation and iteration" approach
- Help you define an ongoing benefits realisation framework
- Assist you in understanding various way of improving business performance through concepts such as the balanced scorecard and how to implement these on a centrally managed system
SAP APO, SAP NetWeaver BW, SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC), SAP Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), SAP HANA, SAP Profitability and Cost Management (PCM), SAP Strategy Management (SSM), SAP Supply Chain Management