Moving to SAP Suite on HANA or SAP S/4HANA is not a simple upgrade. Bluefin is here to bring clarity and understanding to the process. Our experts have designed a highly successful discovery process to support the first steps of any organization’s journey to Suite on HANA or S/4HANA. In this series, we’ll be breaking down developing a business case or roadmap into bite-sized chunks, detailing some of the preliminary tasks that should be undertaken.
One of these tasks is called Workload Analysis. It consists of analyzing which transactions are run frequently and uses this as an input into further tasks like impact analysis or code remediation.
In your SAP ERP production system, call transaction ST03N (Workload Monitor).
SAP Transaction: Workload Monitor (ST03N). Source: SAP
- Ensure that you are in “Expert” mode and not “Service Engineer” mode (1);
- Under “Workload” (2), select “Total” (3), expand the “Month” folder (4), and double-click on the last complete month (4). In the example above, “01/2017”;
- In the “Analysis Views” panel, expand “Transaction Profile” and double-click on “Standard” (6);
- In the main view, select tab for “All Data” (7);
- Click on “Export” drop-down icon and select “Spreadsheet”.
Data Export Options in ST03N. Source: SAP
The result of this process looks like the following file:
Sample Excel Output of the Workload Analysis
This spreadsheet document is the final result of the workload analysis. It can now be used for impact analysis or code remediation.
We’ll be sharing the next task in the very near future, so keep your eyes posted on our insights.